“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 11

I am enjoying my new life. Being positive is very freeing and I like myself. Other people like the new me too, especially my husband. My mother always said that you could catch more flies with honey than you could with vinegar. A truth. You don’t need to give in to those fearful thoughts that you need to tell people the negative things that you are feeling and thinking about them, and your life in general, or no one will feel your pain and suffering and come to your rescue or feel sorry for you. (Misery loves company.)

The underlying name of my blog is freedom by truth. I really have come to know that living by true principles makes us truly free as I tried to illustrate with my accompanying story; “Nobody Loves You Like your Mum”.
My husband has appreciated my efforts and has been more willing to be mindful of my needs. But it didn’t happen right away. Phil and I have been laying this ground work for almost 32 years. So what if the people around us don’t see our plight? We live by another truth that our happiness doesn’t depend on what the people around us think and do but what we think and do. Remember Doctrine & Covenants 121:
45Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God…

As soon as I replace fear with faith by changing my thoughts and acting on them, I find I have the power to find answers and do whatever I need to do.

From the LDS twelve step program:
Decide to trust and obey God; change what you
can change; accept what you cannot change
These words—adapted from a prayer by Reinhold
Niebuhr and known as the “Serenity Prayer”—can help
you as you decide to trust and obey God, “God, grant
me serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to
know the difference.”
You can accept with serenity the current reality of
your condition when you trust in God’s ability to help
you. You can accept with serenity that although you
cannot control the choices and actions of others, you
can decide how you will act in each situation you face.
You can decide with courage to trust your Father in
Heaven and act according to His will. You can turn your
will and life over to His care. You can decide to do what
He asks and to keep His commandments.
You may not be able to change some things in your
life, but you can change your willingness to trust in
God and obey Him. As you learn to trust Him, you will
see that His plan is for you to follow what Alma called
the “great plan of happiness” (Alma 42:8). You will
learn that even in affliction and difficulty “all things
work together for good to them that love God”
(Romans 8:28) and keep His commandments (see
also D&C 90:24; 98:3; 100:15; 105:40).

No comments:

Post a Comment