“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 42

When I was a young girl I attended a children’s meeting once a week, during the week, for church. As girls got older they progressed through a girls only program. The youngest group were called Gaynotes. Back in the sixties the word gay still only meant happy or cheerful.


I was so excited to be a Gaynote. I loved the Gaynote code and song. I dreamed that one day I would be the cheeriest mom and do exactly what the motto and song said. Sad to say I never established that habit.

It’s never too late to start. What a great way to create happy thoughts!



Gaynote Code

“I will bring the light of the gospel into my home by greeting the day with a song.”



Gaynote Class Song

My Code

The first thing in the morning and all day long
I shall be a Gaynote and sing a happy song;
I shall greet the new day and all it brings
With a cheerful face and a heart that sings.

No comments:

Post a Comment