“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Friday, April 15, 2011

day 45- oops!

When I’m tired I turn into the wicked witch of the west. I’m tired almost every day.




I don’t sleep well so this poses a problem for me. I have been able to go back to bed most mornings so it isn’t a big issue unless I have to go somewhere early the next day and I can’t go back to sleep, like yesterday and today. Phil usually gets the worst of it and my evil mind tells me he should because he’s usually the reason I can’t sleep. He can’t help that he snores and jerks around in his sleep, but it doesn’t make it any easier on me.

So on these days when I can’t go back to sleep, you would think that he would be more careful in his communications with me.

So I messed up again, but I bounced back faster than past times, by letting go of my selfish tired thoughts. I heard my sisters words from years ago, “can’t you just forgive (him)?” And the words from a story in a conference talk, “Just let it go.”

Next time someone is thoughtless when I’m tired, I have decided to decide I will give them a big hug and say, I love you. And the bad thoughts and feelings will melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment