“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 48-signs of progress

I thought the best of people and situations 3 different times today. I changed my focus and remembered that I loved them.

I encouraged 2 members in my family to think positive about situations they were facing, because positive thinking = faith.
I read from “The Power of Positive Thinking” by Norman Vincent Peale
And “Men and Women of Christ” by Neal Maxwell.(as well as my daily scriptures and reading Meridian Magazine articles.)

Because it is a daily effort I see/feel progress.

Thursday was Phil’s and my 32nd anniversary. I decided that if I wanted to spend time with him on our anniversary I would have to go to work with him. I was tired, and as I’ve said before, I don’t do tired well. I also don’t like doing the work Phil does. I really wanted to sit in the truck and read from my positive thinking library while he did the work, but I remembered reading in “Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway”, by Susan Jeffers, how empowering it is to not give in to those negative thoughts and do the hard things that you don’t want to do. So I decided to give Phil the gift of my help. Now I said I was tired, so I didn’t do it all as cheerfully as I had wanted, but I didn’t give up and sit in the truck. I kept shaking it off and changing my thoughts to how cool it would be to tell people how many locks I changed that day.

I changed 15!

2 comments:

  1. Elaine, I am constantly inspired by your immense efforts. Thank you for helping me to evaluate more my own thoughts and actions and ways to improve.

    15 locks is impressive. And hey--HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete