“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 49- One day at a time, Part 2

When I first thought that I could become a changed person it scared me that I might be able to keep it up. But then I remembered fear and faith can’t abide in me at the same time. So I am taking it one day at a time and not worrying about the future. I’m feeling stronger in my resolve today than I did 49 days ago.




From the LDS Twelve step program:


Examine your thoughts, words, and deeds daily; immediately set right any wrongs Step 10 represents acceptance of the truth that you must continue to live by spiritual principles. If you stray from them, repent immediately and ask God at once to restore your peace through His Spirit. Honesty and humility can strengthen you. You will become more conscious of Heavenly Father's presence in your life as you call on Him to help you stay spiritually clean. You will learn to value progress and to forgive imperfection in yourself and others. You will lose the desire to be at odds with anything or anyone. Self-appraisal becomes a way of life as you let go of fears and overcome temptations one day at a time.

. Watch your thoughts, words, and deeds "If ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not" (Mosiah 4:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment