“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 52- count your blessings

Remembering to be grateful is a very positive way to think.




Every morning I get out of a warm comfortable bed. I flip a switch that lights up the room. I go into the kitchen and open a box that keeps things cold and get out something to eat. I cook on another appliance and have other units that keep my house warm or cool. I can get where I need to go quickly.

These are just a very few of the luxuries we take for granted every day, not to mention the natural everyday blessings of health and family.

I have a hard time thinking about what I don’t have when I’m thinking about all that I do have.

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

[Chorus]
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your blessings;
See what God hath done.
Count your blessings;
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings;
See what God hath done.

2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.

3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold.
Count your many blessings; money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.

4. So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

Text: Johnson Oatman, Jr., 1856–1922

Music: Edwin O. Excell, 1851–1921

No comments:

Post a Comment