“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Sunday, June 12, 2011

I have decided not to give up

I knew after 90 days I would not necessarily write everyday, but I had a bad experience and I didn’t want to write about , plus it was the first full week of summer vacation. I will just say that I know controlling my thoughts will be a constant lifetime effort and sometimes I will let myself down. I can look back and see progress and I am learning from my mistakes.


I typed In “Positive thinking” on my church’s website and I read part of an article. I came to this comment that reminded me of what I needed to remember in this case.

“Letting go of the belief that we can control another person’s behavior does not mean that we cease to care about that person. Instead, it means that we trust that the Lord loves that person and knows better than we do how to help him. Our task then becomes being open to the Spirit’s promptings in our relationships.”

Jan Underwood Pinborough

Earlier Michaela was watching a Veggie Tales movie and the message was letting go of your anger. It is hard for me to get rid of negative thoughts and feelings when I feel and think someone has let me down. This has been a common theme in my blogs, but I have decided not to give up, so back in the saddle I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment