“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 72- opportunity knocks

Cleaned up a yard in Roanoke today. I had a ton of things to do at home but I felt like I needed to help, as the debris we had to clean up at this house was massive. I had lots of opportunities to say positive things to my daughter, my husband and my son in law who were all working too. It felt good to think about kind things to say.


A homeless couple saw us and asked if we could pay them to help. We were happy to have the extra help as this job was taking far too long. It was nice to see them working so hard for their money. When they were done, my son in law went to get cash to pay them and he brought them back a meal as well. I was so impressed to see his generosity.

There are opportunities to do and say positive things every day.

1 comment: