“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 77- "though the darkness wars to hold us down"

Just over a week before our Women at the Well performance, I was asking one of the women in my Harmony group rehearsal if her daughters would play a small part as some of the 10 virgins during one of the songs. Another mother in our group mentioned that her daughter would probably be willing to do it too and I gratefully asked her to see if she would. Later she told me that her daughter would be willing to participate.


The day of the performance came and just shortly before we were to start my friend called and told me her daughter had changed her mind. I told her I didn’t know who else to call at such short notice but to tell her daughter that if she would get someone to take her place it would be ok with me.

(I didn’t stress or worry, I kept a positive, faithful attitude)

As usual, everything worked out and the daughter decided to come. The next day I got this email from her mother. I have eliminated her name.



"I just wanted to personally thank you for the wonderful production you directed on Sat. of Women at the Well. It was such a pleasure to be a part of it with so many talented women and girls. I really felt the spirit and know that many did also and were deeply touched by the beautiful music and readings.

(My Daughter) was also touched by the music and listened to the CD the rest of the weekend. She said later that she was glad she came and was able to participate with the other girls. I'm glad she decided to come, even though it took some encouragement to help her understand how much she was needed. I guess its like coming to the well and being filled. One of her favorite songs was the one Michaela sang of "Daughter Arise". She was very touched by the song and how your daughter performed it. (she)also enjoyed hearing your other daughters sing as well as your sister. I think we all enjoyed the way each song was portrayed."

In the song Michaela sang, "Daughter Arise" the words say “Though the darkness wars to hold us down, the Lord bids us look upward and leave the world behind” How many times has a negative thought and feeling tried to keep us from church, or service or some other good and worthwhile thing. That is the darkness trying to hold us down. That is our opportunity to remind ourselves that something good is about to happen so don’t give in to those negative thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment