“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 87- cheerfulness, joy, light, and good feelings.

Sometimes I just want someone to know I am put out, angry, hurt or whatever. I want to choose to do or say something to let them know.

Today was one of those days. As I dwelt on it and chose to whine to family about it, I did not feel happy. I remembered this quote from George Q. Cannon:

“Do not allow darkness and gloom to enter your hearts. I want to give you a rule by which you may know that the spirit you have is the right spirit. The Spirit of God produces cheerfulness, joy, light, and good feelings. Whenever you feel gloomy and despondent and are downcast, unless it be for you sins, ye may know it is not the spirit of God which you have. Fight against it and drive it out of your heart. The spirit of God is a spirit of hope; it is not a spirit of gloom.”

I may quote this one frequently on my blog because I use it frequently to help me change my thoughts and feelings.

1 comment:

  1. You can post that as many times as you want. I think I need to print it off big, frame it, and hang it in my house.

    ReplyDelete