“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Thursday, May 26, 2011

day 85- get a life!

Was upset with Phil and allowed myself to dwell on it and get myself all worked up. It’s amazing how justified I feel when I’m filled with negative thoughts, but I have been reminding myself so often where those thoughts come from that I knew I had to find a way to clear my mind.


My computer was acting up so I had to go downstairs and use Phil’s computer. I typed in a few words about what was bothering me about him into google and started reading. It wasn’t long before what I needed hit me between the eyes, the words “get a life”. I realized I had spent so much time checking in on what he was saying and doing that I couldn’t help but find what I was looking for, something to complain about. (Phil works at home most of the time)

Today I spent more time getting a life of my own and thinking about how I am going to make something of it.
 Do I want to be a whimpy,whining woman or a woman of power? I want to be seen as strong and capable not needy and weak. Cheerful and happy, not gloomy and sad.

I think I can, I think I can. I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment