“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 23- Dreaded PMS

PMS week. So there you have it. Not an excuse just, what I’ve been dreading since I began my “new life.” Maybe It was a self fulfilling prophecy, but I really did try to throw out those fearful thoughts as they came from time to time over the past several weeks. Not that its been a total disaster, I just hoped I would do better. It always seems that when this time rolls around there is more stressful stuff going on and I can’t sleep. PMS, stress and lack of sleep, a train wreck of a combination for clear thinking.


Phil still says he sees a big improvement. I love that man.



Some thoughts:



“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”

Mahatma Gandhi



“What makes humility so desirable is the marvelous thing it does to us; it creates in us a capacity for the closest possible intimacy with God”

Monica Baldwin



“We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.”

Rabindranath Tagore



“Life is a long lesson in humility.”

James Matthew Barrie



“ It was then that I drew, almost unconsciously, on the inner strength I had developed in cell 54 of Cairo Central Prison--a strength, call it a talent, a capacity, for change. I found that I faced a highly complex situation, and that I couldn’t hope to change it until I had armed myself with the necessary psychological and intellectual capacity. My contemplation of life and human nature in that secluded place has taught me that he who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality and will never, therefore, make any progress.” --Anwar Sadat

No comments:

Post a Comment