“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 35

If you look under my picture on my blog this is what you will see:




“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”
Charles Reade

You may be what you eat but you are definitely what you think.



I don’t know if I had jealous thoughts or what my thoughts were I just know they weren’t very nice. When my parents brought home 2 little boys as foster children, I was nice sometimes, but sometimes I wasn’t. You may say “well that’s normal”, kids do that.

All I know is sometimes my thoughts were kind and sometimes they weren’t and I became what I thought. I was so glad to read what I read in the step 9 of the LDS Twelve step program. Once, a couple of years ago, I tried to find those little boys; now grown men. I hoped to have made restitution for my thoughts and behavior. It was like finding a needle in a haystack. Over the past few years I have had the chance to work with young children in the primary organization of our church. I have made a special effort to think of them as beloved children of God and to think patient and charitable thoughts so that they feel loved.

Through this means and prayer in behalf of those foster boys I am trying to make restitution

No comments:

Post a Comment