“Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny”

Charles Reade

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 50- "He did not revile them back"

It’s Easter season. I participated in a musical production “The Garden” in Richmond last Friday and Saturday night. The most moving part of the production for me was when the "objects" in the garden describe the Savior as he enters the garden. He looks pale and weak to them. Next all the characters and chorus are singing at the same time. Jesus is singing about doing his Father’s will, Satan is taunting him and trying to fill His mind with doubt. The “objects” and the chorus are describing His agony and His “blood flowing like a river” and asking, why doesn’t he leave, who is He talking to?


We know from the scriptures that, immediately following this physically draining experience, He was up all night. Then he was scourged and given a cross to carry. And yet when he was reviled, he “did not revile them back“. He was completely the master of his thoughts and emotions.

Perhaps I can remember this next time I am exhausted and someone annoys me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad I missed you! My baby was really sick that weekend. I heard very good things about the performance though from people who went. I hope you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete